Date Published: 12/09/09
CONGRESS OF PATRIOTIC ANAMBRA CITIZENS
SUB: PETER OBI- A Hope Betrayed By Edwin Chukwujekwu & Nonyelum Nwokoye
‘’Time they say sweeps everything along and can bring good as well as evil, evil as well as good.’’ Nicolo Machiavelli.
Since 1999 Anambra would have been a good example of how Nigeria will be except for bad leadership and high powered deception by the political class, thus betraying the hopes of the people.
Today, as the state navigates towards 2010, we as concerned Anambra citizens are worried about the future of the state and the fact that the impoverished people traumatized by poverty may be incapable of standing or voting against their oppressor- in - chief .
Otherwise, how do we explain the audacity of the ‘’Continuity Project’’ being powered by the incumbent governor Mr Peter Obi in the face of general insecurity, decayed infrastructure, bad roads, parlous educational system, unending strike action by the state work force, hunger and starvation in so many homes , death in hospitals , disgraceful image the state acquired on account of non performance of his government and other unimaginable consequences of the wickedness inflicted on the people.
How will the people progress from this point without a change? Our mission is to cause change and enthrone good governance in the state .
There is a common saying that ‘’you can fool the people one time but you cannot fool all the people all the time’’.
Obi’s four years tenure has exposed his crass ignorance to the rudiments of good governance, incompetence and lack of values for human capital development.
As stake holders in the Anambra common wealth ,we are duty bound to alert our fellow citizens of the danger of continuing to allow a ruthless drug baron who ought to be facing justice to govern us for another four years.
In furtherance, we give 10 reasons why Obi’s continuity project should be stopped by our collective will except he offers explanation on the following key issues:
1. Those who knew Peter Obi will attest to the fact that he has been a drug dealer beginning from his days as an undergraduate at UNN. He was hardly attending lectures and only managed to graduate with a third class in Philosophy after spending 12 years in the University.
2. His brother in-law who incidentally is one of the hirelings used by him for his nefarious drug trafficking business is currently languishing in jail in far away London . This is the major cause of strain between Obi and his in-laws. It is on record that his closeness to Dubem Obazie was the because he Dubem served jail term for drug trafficking because of Peter.
3. Obi should explain his relationship with former Military Administrator, Governor Ibim Princewill and Col Earnest Kizito Attah of Cross River State whom he helped as a conduit to fleece Cross River State government thus contributing to the under development of the state.
4. Obi should explain to Ndi Anambra the circumstances surrounding his father’s death which remains his best kept secret. Before then we can reveal that Obi’s father was drowned to death by Obi’s associates in the drug trade whom he short-changed in a business deal prompting the mafias to kill the old man whom they drowned bounded hands and feet with bricks round his neck.
5. Given the level of insecurity in Anambra state , ‘’Saint’’ Peter Obi should explain how he expends his security vote since it is on record that he collects over 470 million naira per month as security vote (220 million naira from Local Government and 250 million Naira from the state FAC accounts)
6. Just as Peter Obi professes his Catholicism for political expediency, we ask him to summon the moral courage and explain to Catholic faithful his relationship with the Olumba Olumba Obu (OOO) Cult sect where his wife is a known member. It is also on record that Peter Obi met the wife at a night club in Auchi . The lady had two children from two different men -an Albino and a Ghanaian. The affirmed Catholic is yet to wed his wife in the church.
7. Obi is yet to explain the mystery behind the 250 million naira that was found in the possession of his aides. He is yet to produce the contractor and publish the contractual agreement that stipulates that this very contractor will be paid in cash and also a reference to any other known precedents. Not even the famous late Barkin Zuwo of Kano State paid contractors in cash.
8. Obi should explain why he has continued to loot the resources of the state using his brother, Ndibe Obi, Ejike Onwusogbulu and a certain Chidi Agbapu -a Lagos based stock broker as a conduit for money laundering while the youths in Anambra remain unemployed;
9. Obi was elected governor on the platform of APGA and it is on record that he never convened an APGA meeting thereby destroying the entire party structure. Obi should explain to party faithfuls and loyalists why he destroyed the party;
10. Obi should explain to Ndi Anambra what happened to the state local government allocations and why Anambra under Obi is the only state in Nigeria without elected local government officers in place?
In view of the foregoing, we demand his immediate resignation or face further disclosure of his criminal past and present.
Edwin Chukwujekwu Nonyelum Nwokoye