Date Published: 09/04/10
Office of the Chairman, South South Youth Leaders Forum
Jonathan must avoid Obasanjo or we avoid him totally!!
We boldly say Jonathan can not bring “Goodluck” to Nigeria having Obasanjo as a mentor or friend!
We shall not only deprive JONATHAN of our support, but also mobilize against him, if he keeps Obasanjo as a mentor.
MAY WE ALSO USE THIS MEDIUM TO INFORM NIGER DELTANS AND INDEED NIGERIANS, THAT EXCEPT JONATHAN SEPARATES HIMSELF FROM OBASANJO; ANY SUPPORT OR VOTE GIVEN TO JONATHAN WOULD MEAN PUTTING OBASANJO IN OFFICE FOR A THIRD TIME, THROUGH THE BACK DOOR! AS HE RULES VIA JONATHAN.
Our main fear is propelled by the fact that JONATHAN has surrounded himself with two (2) haters of Niger Delta; OBASANJO AND T. Y. DANJUMA respectively, both of whom designed and executed the ODI (BAYELSA STATE) MASSACRE.
It is already obvious that the President has been exhibiting certain attributes of Olusegun Obasanjo, especially in the area of reckless spending of tax payers’ money on frivolous issues and lack of sincerity in the fight against corruption.
Some of the reasons the President must avoid Obasanjo or risk not having our support include the following which has constantly caused our hearts to bleed;
- Saturday November 20 th 1999, ODI MASSACRE, wherein innocent and defenceless women and children were killed and thousand rendered homeless, even as hundreds were raped.
- October 28 th 1999 CHOBA, Rivers State, wherein Military and Mobile Police Men were deployed to kill community members who only demonstrated to Wilbros Nig. Ltd. gate, again innocent women and youths were killed.
- March and April 2000, maximum force was used on an Ogoni Community in Rivers State, following a disturbance in objection of a project funded by Shell (SPDC). Paramilitary Mobile Police were deployed, wherein one person was killed, several injured and others including Ledum Mitee MOSOP Leader arrested.
- October 17 th 2000, OLUGBOBIRI, Bayelsa State, at least eight youths were killed, as troops guarding an oil facility belonging to Agip (NAOC) opened fire on demonstrators from the community in a bid to negotiate a road construction project, with the company.
- Recently on 19 th February 2005, ODIOMA Brutality, by the Joint Task Force (JTF) where over thirty (30) persons were killed, and over 90% of the buildings in the community were burnt, and thousands rendered homeless.
- Obasanjo Administration was the most horrible period for Niger Delta, as he allowed increase in militancy by refusing to address the root cause of militancy, thereby encouraging the multi nationals to move to the West.
All these and more are still very fresh in our memories, and all happened either by Obasanjo instruction or under his supervision.
Obasanjo worships the multi nationals, and could do anything including human right violation just to keep them.
President Jonathan is fast following that trend, hence he could not take adequate action during the frequent Mobil Nigeria spill and subsequent use of military to fuse timidity on the local as to operate sabotage.
Finally we call on proactive civil groups to join our drastic process to bring Obasanjo to book concerning the above and more human right violation by his.
Amachree, Odiedim Esq.
Chairman, South-South Youth Leaders Forum