Date Published: 05/18/10
For Immediate Release
NIGERIA ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS IN ITS FIFTH YEAR ANNOUNCES ITS 2010 NEA AWARDS SCHEDULE
JOIN US ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18TH 5:30PM AT THE TRIBECA PERFORMING ART CENTER IN NEW YORK CITY.
NEW YORK, NY– (May 17, 2010) – The Producers of the NEA Awards are pleased to announce the details of the Fifth Annual NEA Awards scheduled for New York City on Saturday, September 18th, 2010 at 5:30pm at the BMCC Tribeca Performing Art Center. This year’s event promises to be fully loaded with many of the top acts from Nigeria and in the Diasporas.
Date: Saturday, September 18th, 2010
Venue: BMCC Tribeca Performing Art Center, New York City.
The producers of the annual event are announcing the expansion of its categories this year to include all segments of Nigerian entertainment including TV, Radio and Fashion amongst other (see full list below). The inclusion of these categories is to recognize the other thriving segments of Nigerian entertainment. All artists are encouraged to visit our website, www.nigeriaentawards.com to get information on submitting their materials for consideration.
The Executive producers will also like to announce its partnership with Event & Entertainment Consult, a Lagos based events Management Company that will primarily be responsible for all NEA’s Nigeria activities. Event & Entertainment Consult is headed by Mr. Akinwale Oluwaleimu, a recognizable figure in Nigeria’s event management industry.
For Sponsorship, Advertising, Press inquiries and any other inquiries please contact us (856) 506-5700 in the US or 234 805 373 4776 in Nigeria or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nigeriaentawards.com.
2010 NEA CATEGORIES
1. BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR
2. HOTTEST SINGLE OF THE YEAR
3. BEST NEW ACT OF THE YEAR
4. GOSPEL ARTIST OF THE YEAR
5. INDIGENOUS ARTIST OF THE YEAR
6. BEST POP/R&B ARTIST OF THE YEAR
7. BEST RAP ACT OF THE YEAR
8. BEST SOUL/NEO SOUL ACT OF THE YEAR
9. BEST COLLABORATION WITH VOCALS
10. BEST INTERNATIONAL ARTIST
11. MUSIC PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
12. BEST INTERNATIONAL PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
13. BEST MALE MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR (ARTIST & DIRECTOR)
14. BEST FEMALE MUSIC VIDEO OF THE YEAR (ARTIST & DIRECTOR)
15. MOST PROMISING ACT TO WATCH
16. BEST ACTOR IN A FILM/SHORT STORY
17. BEST ACTRESS IN A FILM/SHORT STORY
18. BEST FILM (DIRECTOR)
19. BEST ACTOR IN TV SERIES/REALITY/GAME SHOW
20. BEST ACTRESS IN TV SERIES/REALITY/GAME SHOW
21. BEST TV SERIES/REALITY SHOW/GAME SHOW
22. BEST ON SCREEN PERSONALITY (PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
23. BEST RADIO PERSONALITY
24. BEST COMEDIAN
25. FASHION DESIGNER OF THE YEAR
26. INTERNATIONAL EVENT OF THE YEAR (TO A PROMOTER)
27. BEST WORLD DJ
28. ENTERTAINMENT PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
29. LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
(Due to scheduled taping of show, not all award categories will be presented at Award ceremony; only awards of more popular interest are presented at the Award ceremony)
The Nigeria Entertainment Award is an annual event that takes place in the United States that focuses on recognizing the many contributions of Nigerian Entertainers in and around the globe.
About BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center
BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center is Downtown Manhattan’s premier presenter of the arts, reaching audiences from the college community, Downtown residential and business communities, schools, families, and audiences of all ages. BMCC Tribeca PAC strives to present a broad global perspective through the presentation of high quality artistic work in music, theatre, dance, film and visual arts. We support emerging and established artists who create works that inspire creativity and imagination, celebrate diversity and change as well as instill emotional, social, and political awareness. The BMCC TPAC is located at 199 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10007.
NEA New York Office Tel: (856) 506-5700; (347) 200-2509
NEA Nigeria Office Tel: 234 805 373 4776